Jump to Main Content
- Rheinheimer, Joachim, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.37 no.11-12 pp. 1081-1086
- Aphis (Aphididae); Cytisus scoparius; Lupinus; legumes; phloem; sap; sparteine; xylem
- ... Aphids (Aphis cytisorum) which infest broom plants (Cytisus scoparius) accumulate up to 500 μg alkaloid/g fr. wt. The alkaloids, which are similar to those of the plants, consist of 17-oxo-sparteine, sparteine, 12,13-dehydrosparteine, and lupanine. Infested plants contain > 50% less alkaloids than aphid-free plants. In Lupinus aphid resistance which is due to their high alkaloid content is more ex ...
- Rheinheimer, Joachim, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2012 v.53 no.17 pp. 2153-2156
- Euphorbiaceae; Magnaporthe oryzae; X-ray diffraction; blast disease; chemical reactions; chemical structure; conidia; coumarin; germination; morphogenesis; plant pathogenic fungi; screening
- ... In a screening for inhibitors of infection-related morphogenesis in the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae, a series of 10 coumarin derivatives were isolated from Pedilanthus tithymaloides (Euphorbiaceae). Seven of these compounds turned out to be known while three represent previously unreported natural products. Their structures were established on the basis of spectroscopic data and X-ray cry ...