Jump to Main Content
- Riani, Paola, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.2 pp. 538-546
- acetaldehyde; aluminum oxide; annealing; carbon nanotubes; catalysts; cobalt; coprecipitation; crystallization; ethanol; graphene; hydrogen; hydrogen production; methane; mixing; nanoparticles; steam
- ... BACKGROUND: Cobalt (Co)‐containing materials are promising catalysts for Ethanol Steam Reforming (ESR) allowing renewable hydrogen production. Usually, complex catalysts are used where Co, produced by impregnation or coprecipitation, is supported on oxide or carbon‐based materials. Here Co nanoparticles (CoNPs) mechanically mixed with α‐Al₂O₃ are prepared and tested for ESR. RESULTS: CoNPs mechani ...
- Riani, Paola, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fuel processing technology 2015 v.137 pp. 290-297
- X-ray diffraction; acidity; atmospheric pressure; catalysts; differential thermal analysis; ethanol; ethylene; infrared spectroscopy; iron; nickel; phosphorus; pyridines; thermogravimetry; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; zeolites
- ... Conversion of ethanol to hydrocarbons was investigated over H-ZSM-5 zeolite and its modification by addition of phosphorus, iron and nickel. Reaction is realized in a tubular flow reactor at atmospheric pressure. Catalyst characterization was performed by UV–vis, TG–DTA, XRD, NH3-TPD, and IR spectroscopy of the surface OH groups and of adsorbed pyridine. High P content enhances the selectivity to ...