Jump to Main Content
- Riau, V., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 760-769
- Bacteroides; Clostridium; Methanoculleus; Methanosaeta; acetates; agricultural wastes; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; bacterial communities; biodiversity; biogas; biomass; community structure; complementary DNA; genes; isotopes; methane production; methanogens; oxidation; plasticity; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; ribotypes
- ... The effect of ammonia on methanogenic biomass from a full-scale agricultural digester treating nitrogen-rich materials was characterized in batch activity assays subjected to increasing concentrations of total ammonia N. Acetotrophic and methanogenic profiles displayed prolonged lag phases and reduced specific activity rates at 6.0 gN-TAN L−1, though identical methane yields were ultimately reache ...
- Riau, V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2010 v.34 no.12 pp. 1805-1812
- anaerobic digesters; coliform bacteria; effluents; methane production; ova; Salmonella; sewage sludge; plate count; biosolids; animal pathogens; anaerobic digestion; helminths; United States
- ... The main objective of this research was to propose two methods to quantify faecal coliforms and Salmonella spp. in both raw sludge and mesophilic digested sludge. Besides, a performance of a mesophilic digester operating at 30 and 20 days of solid retention time (SRT) was studied. The microbiological methods were carried out according to the Standard Methods (APHA, 1998) and to the American Enviro ...