Jump to Main Content
- Riggio, M.R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2018 v.502 pp. 182-190
- Amphipoda; Bivalvia; Copepoda; Gastropoda; Nematoda; Polychaeta; Spartina alterniflora; belowground biomass; correlation; fauna; hydrocarbons; juveniles; oil spills; oils; petroleum; planting; rhizomes; roots; salt marshes; sediments; toxicity; vegetation; Louisiana
- ... We examined the recovery of infauna from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in reference, moderately and heavily oiled Louisiana, USA salt marshes. Although density and diversity were severely impacted by the spill initially, total meiofauna, nematodes, copepods, and annelids, excluding the polychaete Manayunkia aestuarina, recovered in about 3years in near synchrony with Spartina alterniflora s ...
- Riggio, M.R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental entomology 2009 v.38 no.4 pp. 1174-1181
- plant damage; insect growth; rice; insect pests; plant development; systemic acquired resistance; Oryza sativa; jasmonic acid; transgenic plants; plant pests; signal transduction; Spodoptera frugiperda; liveweight gain; salicylic acid; pest resistance; leaves; larvae
- ... Rice, Oryza sativa, is the most important staple food for a significant portion of the world's population. Despite the importance of rice, however, induced resistance to insects has not been thoroughly studied in rice; in fact, to our knowledge, direct induced resistance after injury by chewing insects has not been shown in rice. We conducted a series of experiments designed to characterize direct ...