Jump to Main Content
- Rigola, J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2016 v.179 pp. 1006-1019
- drainage water; energy; experimental design; heat transfer; mathematical models; thermal properties; water flow
- ... This paper is focused on the detailed analysis of a PCM plate heat storage unit with a particular configuration, looking for the maximum contact area with the fluid (water) and the minimum volume to be used in a real household application. In that sense, a numerical study of the thermal and fluid dynamic behaviour of the water flow and the PCM melting-solidification processes, together with the th ...
- Rigola, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2015 v.142 pp. 337-351
- exergy; fluid mechanics; heat transfer; prototypes; solar energy; temperature
- ... Thermocline storage concept has been considered for more than a decade as a possible solution to reduce the huge cost of the storage system in concentrated solar power (CSP) plants. However, one of the drawbacks of this concept is the decrease in its performance throughout the time. The objective of this paper is to present a new thermocline-like storage concept, which aims at circumventing this i ...