Jump to Main Content
- Rinaldi, Gustavo Juan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.276 pp. 443-450
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Maillard reaction products; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biscuits; body weight; cecum; digestive tract; feces; fermentation; heat treatment; in vitro digestion; in vivo studies; intestinal microorganisms; laboratory animals; prebiotics; rats
- ... The release of biscuit Maillard reaction products (MRP) with antioxidant capacity was compared by in vitro and in vivo studies. Antioxidant determinations were performed by DPPH, FRAP and ICRED. Results indicated that an intense heat treatment on biscuits increases the amount of MRP with antioxidant capacity (p < 0.05). Besides, a low amount of antioxidant compounds was obtained after enzymatic di ...
- Rinaldi, Gustavo Juan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.196 pp. 204-210
- Maillard reaction products; absorption; aerobes; antihypertensive effect; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; bacteria; biscuits; blood pressure; blood serum; drinking water; feces; in vivo studies; lipid peroxidation; prebiotics; rats; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water holding capacity
- ... The antioxidant activity, antihypertensive effect and prebiotic activity of Maillard reaction products (MRPs) derived from biscuits were investigated in Wistar rats. Animals were fed the following diets for 6weeks: control (AIN-93 diet); Asc-diet (AIN-93 diet with ascorbic acid in the drinking water); HT-B diet (containing high amount of MRP derived from biscuits) and LT-B diet (containing negligi ...