Jump to Main Content
- Rita Florio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1489-1496
- enzymology; glycine hydroxymethyltransferase; metabolism; mutants; pyridoxal; pyridoxal phosphate; serine
- ... Serine hydroxymethyltransferase is a ubiquitous representative of the family of fold type I, pyridoxal 5′-phosphate-dependent enzymes. The reaction catalyzed by this enzyme, the reversible transfer of the Cβ of serine to tetrahydropteroylglutamate, represents a link between amino acid and folates metabolism and operates as a major source of one-carbon units for several essential biosynthetic proce ...
- Rita Florio, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2013 v.529 no.2 pp. 55-65
- Tolypocladium inflatum; alanine; biosynthesis; crystal structure; cyclosporine; divergent evolution; fungi; glycine hydroxymethyltransferase; models; pyridoxal; transamination
- ... Cyclosporin A, a cyclic peptide produced by the fungus Tolypocladium inflatum, is a widely employed immunosuppressant drug. Its biosynthesis is strictly dependent on the action of the pyridoxal 5′-phosphate-dependent enzyme alanine racemase, which produces the d-alanine incorporated in the cyclic peptide. This enzyme has a different fold with respect to bacterial alanine racemases. The interest el ...