Jump to Main Content
- Ritchey, J.W., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2013 v.94 no.3 pp. 610-617
- Golden Retriever; dogs; dystrophin; echocardiography; fibrosis; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; mineralization; models; monitoring; muscular dystrophy; necropsy; necrosis
- ... This investigation tested the hypothesis that carriers of golden retriever muscular dystrophy (GRMD), a genetically homologous condition of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), have quantifiable abnormalities in myocardial function, structure, or cardiac rhythm. Eleven GRMD carriers and four matched controls had cardiac evaluations and postmortem examinations. 24-h ECG Holter monitoring disclosed ve ...
- Ritchey, J.W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of comparative pathology 2011 v.145 no.1 pp. 68-76
- B-lymphocytes; T-lymphocytes; basement membrane; dogs; epithelial cells; gastric mucosa; gastritis; histopathology; humans; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; models; stomach ulcers
- ... Alaskan racing sled dogs are a well-established model of exercise-induced gastric disease. The aim of this study was to define the temporal development of microscopical gastric lesions during long distance racing. Two groups of dogs were examined: group I comprised conditioned dogs that were exercising and group II were conditioned dogs not exercising. The gastric mucosa was examined endoscopicall ...
- Ritchey, J.W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Theriogenology 2004 v.62 no.6 pp. 1116
- cats; males; contraception; vaccination; vaccine adjuvants; antibody formation; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; testes; tissue weight; histopathology; semen; sperm motility; spermatozoa; testosterone
- ... The development of nonsurgical contraceptives for cats may facilitate population control of the species. The purpose of this study was to investigate the utility of GnRH for immunocontraception of male cats. Male cats (n=12) were divided into groups of three and were immunized once with 0 (sham), 50, 200, or 400 g synthetic GnRH coupled to keyhole limpet hemocyanin and combined with a mycobacteria ...