Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: rocha?
- Roche, L.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2015 v.68 no.3 pp. 248-256
- cattle; cattle production; continuous grazing; decision making; ecoregions; feeding preferences; grazing management; growing season; information networks; managers; ranchers; ranching; range management; rangelands; risk; rotational grazing; scientists; stocking rate; surveys; California; Wyoming
- ... Considerable debate remains over the efficacy of rotational grazing systems to enhance conservation and agricultural production goals on rangelands. We analyzed responses to grazing management questions in the Rangeland Decision Making Surveys of 765 California and Wyoming ranchers in order to characterize on-ranch grazing strategies and identify variables influencing strategy adoption. Two-thirds ...
- Roche, L.M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2013 v.66 no.6 pp. 609
- citizen participation; conservation programs; decision making; ecosystem services; livelihood; logit analysis; public opinion; ranchers; range management; rangelands; social behavior; surveys; California
- ... This paper analyzes rancher participation in conservation programs in the context of a social-ecological framework for adaptive rangeland decision-making. We argue that conservation programs are best understood as one of many strategies of adaptively managing rangelands in ways that sustain livelihoods and ecosystem services. The framework hypothesizes four categories of variables affecting conser ...