Jump to Main Content
- Rockett, H., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- American journal of clinical nutrition 2005 v.81 no.3 pp. 669
- pregnant women; Blacks; Americans; smoking (habit); alcohols; diet; fortified foods; folic acid; nutrient intake; nutrient availability; blood serum; Reference Daily Intakes; vitamin deficiencies; polyunsaturated fatty acids; United States
- ... Background: African American women and socioeconomically challenged women are at risk of compromised folate status and, thus, of folate-related birth defects. Data are limited on circulating folate concentrations in pregnant African American women after folic acid fortification of the food supply was implemented. Objective: The objective was to determine the influence of smoking and alcohol consum ...
- Rockett, H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Public health nutrition 1999 v.2 no.3 pp. 293-300
- questionnaires; school children; urban areas; food choices; dietary surveys; validity; age; food intake; vegetables; energy intake; dietary protein; dietary fat; dietary carbohydrate; ascorbic acid; calcium; iron; phosphorus; dietary fiber