Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez, Manuel R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.173 pp. 85-92
- animal age; animal welfare; carbon dioxide; cost effectiveness; detectors; emissions; farmers; models; periodicity; piglets; pollutants; prediction; spectral analysis; temperature; wavelet
- ... The activity level of weaned piglets provides a useful tool for farmers to control animal welfare and pollutant emissions. In addition, data for weaned piglet activity can be used as an input signal in real-time ventilation control systems because of its relation to temperature and CO2 levels. This paper characterises the daily activity pattern of piglets from 6 to 20 kg live body mass based on da ...
- Rodriguez, Manuel R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.174 pp. 231-238
- air temperature; animal welfare; barns; energy conservation; environmental factors; heat; meteorological parameters; model validation; models; piglets; prediction; ventilation systems
- ... An AutoRegressive Integrated Moving Average model was validated for the prediction of temperatures in the animal zone of conventional weaned piglet barn. The validation period covered seven cycles and recorded values at 10-min intervals for 292 days. Average weight was 5.75 ± 0.86 kg at the beginning of the production cycle and 18.41 ± 2.12 kg at the end of the cycle. Mean outdoor air temperatures ...