Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Danitsa Marcos, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2019 v.201 pp. 91-94
- adolescence; adolescents; anxiety; childhood; children; eating disorders; fearfulness; gender; infancy; ingestion; models; overeating; questionnaires; regression analysis; young adults
- ... Early life adversity, including the perception of poor quality of maternal care, is associated with long-term metabolic and psychosocial consequences. The negative quality of mother/child relationship is associated with emotional overeating in young children, which is defined by eating in response to emotional arousal states such as fear, anger or anxiety. However, it is not known if this associat ...
- Rodrigues, Danitsa Marcos, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Appetite 2017 v.116 pp. 21-28
- adolescents; alleles; anxiety; blood serum; brain; cognition; energy; food intake; foods; genetic variation; genotyping; glucocorticoid receptors; glucocorticoids; image analysis; insulin; insulin resistance; magnetic resonance imaging; metabolic syndrome; obesity; psychological stress; risk; single nucleotide polymorphism; stress response
- ... The A3669G single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) gene NR3C1 is associated with altered tissue sensitivity to glucocorticoids (GCs). GCs modulate the food reward circuitry and are implicated in increased intake of palatable foods, which can lead to the metabolic syndrome and obesity. We hypothesized that presence of the G variant of the A3669G SNP would affect pre ...