Jump to Main Content
- Rodriguez-Alejandro, David A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.115 pp. 1092-1108
- Gibbs free energy; aromatic compounds; biomass; carbon; dairy manure; fluidized beds; heat; model validation; prediction; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamic models; wood chips; wood gasification
- ... The objective of this work is to develop a thermodynamic model considering non-stoichiometric restrictions. The model validation was done from experimental works using a bench-scale fluidized bed gasifier with wood chips, dairy manure, and sorghum. The model was used for a further parametric study to predict the performance of a pilot-scale fluidized biomass gasifier. The Gibbs free energy minimiz ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Rodriguez-Alejandro, David A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.111 pp. 850-858
- exergy; models; monitoring; natural gas; power plants
- ... This paper presents a reconciliation methodology for the diagnosis of energy systems. The methodology is based on the characterization of irreversibilities in the components of an energy system. These irreversibilities can be attributed to malfunctions or dysfunctions. The characterization of irreversibilities as presented here makes possible to reconcile the Actual Operating Condition (AOC) versu ...