Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: mulla?
- Rodriguez-Muela, Carlos, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 23-29
- Escherichia coli; Salmonella Typhimurium; ambient temperature; ammonia; coliform bacteria; containers; crude protein; laying hens; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen metabolism; pathogens; poultry manure; protein sources; ruminants; uric acid
- ... The current study was conducted to assess the bactericidal effectiveness of several nitrocompounds against pathogens in layer hen manure and litter. Evidence from an initial study indicated that treatment of layer hen manure with 12 mM nitroethane decreased populations of generic E. coli and total coliforms by 0.7 and 2.2 log ₁₀ colony forming units (CFU) g ⁻¹, respectively, after 24 h aerobic inc ...
- Rodriguez-Muela, Carlos, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2014 v.49 no.12 pp. 966-970
- Dorper; body weight; coliform bacteria; environmental health; ewes; feces; lactation; oral administration; placebos; rumen; sodium chlorate; sodium chloride
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of oral sodium chlorate administration on reducing total coliform populations in ewes. A 30% sodium chlorate product or a sodium chloride placebo was administered to twelve lactating Dorper X Blackbelly or Pelibuey crossbred ewes averaging 65 kg body weight. The ewes were adapted to diet and management. Ewes were randomly assigned (4/treatme ...