Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: sanna?
- Roelofs, Sanne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2019 v.201 pp. 83-90
- breeding; cortisol; farrowing; group housing; litter size; low birth weight; males; parity (reproduction); piglets; pregnancy; progeny; sows; stress response
- ... Breeding sows are regularly exposed to on-farm stressors throughout the duration of their production period. The impact of such stressors may differ for primi- and multiparous sows, as sows could learn to cope with stressors as they gain experience with them. If parity affects stress in sows, it may also impact their prenatal offspring through differential maternal stress. In addition to parity, l ...
- Roelofs, Sanne, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied animal behaviour science 2017 v.191 pp. 5-16
- animal behavior; biomedical research; cognition; females; gender differences; males; memory; motivation; sexual dimorphism; swine
- ... Studies of the cognitive abilities of pigs are increasing in number, due to their relevance for the fields of animal welfare and biomedical research. While both female and male pigs have been used in cognitive tasks, possible sex differences in performance have not yet received extensive attention. This is of interest, as sexual dimorphism in cognitive abilities has been documented for a variety o ...