Jump to Main Content
- Rogers, Kayron T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Talanta 2019 v.198 pp. 257-262
- forensic sciences; mass spectrometry; plutonium; reference standards; resins; uranium
- ... The analysis of environmental swipe samples for ultra-trace uranium (U) and plutonium (Pu) determinations is essential in the nuclear safeguards community. While mass spectrometry techniques for U and Pu detection continually improve, established separation methods are seldom reevaluated. Currently, actinide separations within the forensics community predominantly employ either Eichrom TEVA® or UT ...
- Rogers, Kayron T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.15 pp. 9441-9448
- atomic absorption spectrometry; automation; chemistry; chromatography; isotopes; normal values; plutonium; slurries; uranium
- ... A fully automated method for the separation of low-concentration uranium from plutonium in environmental swipe samples has been developed. The offline chromatography system features renewable 1 mL Eichrom TEVA and UTEVA column generation from bulk resin slurry. Discrete fractions of the separated actinides are delivered into user defined vials for future analysis. Clean room background levels were ...