Jump to Main Content
- Roldán-Santiago, Patricia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2019 v.156 pp. 33-42
- body temperature; bottles; environmental enrichment; models; nose; pets; piglets; ropes; social structure; surface temperature; thermography; toys
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate through the infrared thermography the surface temperature of the lacrimal caruncle (ocular), auricular pavilion and nose area of weaned piglets in relation to different types of environmental enrichment (EE). A total of 64 weaned piglets were monitored. The piglets were housed under two distinct conditions: a condition without disruption of the social or ...
- Roldan‐Santiago, Patricia, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Animal science journal = 2015 v.86 no.5 pp. 563-571
- blood; blood glucose; calcium; hematocrit; hybrids; pH; piglets; potassium; sodium; straw; stress response; suckling
- ... The aim of the study was to evaluate the physiometabolic responses to stress in hybrid suckling piglets that were weaned and transported at different ages on a paved road under two vehicle conditions: with and without a layer of straw bedding. The piglets were weaned and transported at the following ages: 8, 15 and 22 days. The duration of each trip was 1 h. The piglets in each group were further ...