Jump to Main Content
- Romanha, Alvaro J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2009 v.104 no.4 pp. 835-844
- parasites; messenger RNA; proteins; drug therapy; at-risk population; polyclonal antibodies; hydrogen peroxide; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Western blotting; genes; Trypanosoma cruzi; Northern blotting; peroxidase
- ... Antioxidant defense in Trypanosomatids has been indicated as a potential target for chemotherapy. Tryparedoxin peroxidase (TXNPx) participates in this defense by metabolizing hydrogen peroxide to water molecules. In this work, genes encoding both cytosolic (cTcTXNPx) and mitochondrial (mTcTXNPx) TXNPx were characterized in 15 benznidazole-susceptible and resistant Trypanosoma cruzi strains. Northe ...
- Romanha, Alvaro J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2006 v.22 no.6 pp. 539-545
- Agrocybe; DNA fragmentation; Trypanosoma cruzi; apoptosis; bioassays; chromatography; cytotoxicity; ethyl acetate; flow cytometry; fractionation; fungi; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; kidneys; lymphocyte proliferation; melanoma; mice; mononuclear leukocytes; polyacetylenes; screening; temperature
- ... The ethyl acetate extract from the culture of the fungus Agrocybe perfecta (Rick) Singer was selected for further study in a screening of Brazilian basidiomycetes for bioactivity. The extract showed significant activity against the recombinant enzyme trypanothione reductase (TryR) from Trypanosoma cruzi, lymphocyte proliferation in human peripheral mononuclear cells (PBMC) stimulated with phytohem ...