Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: rojas?
- Rosas, Marcelino, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International Journal of Veterinary Sciences 2018 v.6 no.2 pp. 159-164
- acidosis; anesthesia; bicarbonates; blood; blood sampling; carbon dioxide; castration; electrolytes; glucose; hematocrit; hindlimbs; lactic acid; lidocaine; males; pH; piglets; sulfur dioxide; testes
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the effect of local anesthesia and the number of incisions performed on the physiological blood profile of piglets after surgical castration. A total of 60 male piglets were divided into five groups of 12 each, based on the surgical method employed and the use, or not, of local anesthesia, as follows: surgical castration using one horizontal incision in ...
- Rosas, Marcelino, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of veterinary behavior 2017 v.22 pp. 29-34
- analysis of covariance; ewes; lambs; mothers; urination; vocalization; walking
- ... To determine the behavior of different-aged lambs during short periods of increased sensorial isolation from their mothers, 60 ewe-lamb pairs were randomly assigned to one of the following groups: “C,” intact lambs that remained with their mothers; “A,” lambs with restricted auditory capacity; “A+V,” lambs with restricted auditory and visual capacities; “A+V+W,” lambs with restricted auditory and ...