Jump to Main Content
- Rosenthal, Wesley, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Climatic change 2008 v.86 no.3-4 pp. 235
- decision support systems; weather forecasting; weather; prediction; simulation models; crop production; wheat; dryland farming; decision making; innovation adoption; El Nino; climate models; crop yield; surpluses; Canada; United States; Australia
- ... An international wheat trade model incorporating climate variability is used to simulate different scenarios when wheat producers in the USA, Canada, and Australia adopt El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO)-based climate forecasts for use in production decisions. Adoption timing and rates are varied across countries in the different scenarios. The results are consistent between the scenarios exami ...
- Rosenthal, Wesley D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agronomy journal 2001 v.93 no.5 pp. 1148
- Zea mays; Sorghum bicolor; simulation models; water use; decision making; growth models; crop yield; leaf area index; harvest date; planting date; soil water; soil depth; water stress; drought; seed productivity; Texas
- ... While crop models often are tested against long-term mean grain yields, models for aiding decision making must accurately simulate grain yields in extreme climatic conditions. In this study, we evaluated the ability of a general crop model (ALMANAC) and two crop-specific models (CERES-Maize and SORKAM) to simulate maize (L.) and sorghum [ (L.) Moench] grain yields in a dry growing season at severa ...