Jump to Main Content
- Ross, Alexander J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 2019 v.76 no.6 pp. 998-1005
- Micropterus salmoides; coarse woody debris; freshwater fish; lakes; littoral zone; mortality; shorelines; surveys; wood; Michigan; Wisconsin
- ... Littoral structure is often assumed to provide refuge to young of year (YOY) freshwater fish species, but empirical in situ tests of this relationship are lacking. We estimated mortality rates of YOY largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides) over the open-water season in 13 lakes in northern Wisconsin and Michigan using repeated snorkel surveys. Our goal was to test the hypothesis that mortality rat ...
- Ross, Alexander J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The American midland naturalist 2017 v.178 no.2 pp. 237-244
- Coregonus artedi; ecology; females; gillnets; lakes; life history; males; managers; migratory behavior; morphometry; morphs; pelagic fish; rivers; spawning; streams; swimming; water; Adirondacks; Great Lakes; New York
- ... Conservation and management of rare fishes relies on managers having the most informed understanding of the underlying ecology of the species under investigation. Cisco (Coregonus artedi), a species of conservation concern, is a cold-water pelagic fish that is notoriously variable in morphometry and life history. Published reports indicate, at spawning time, Cisco in great lakes may migrate into o ...