Jump to Main Content
- Rossetti, Luciana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019
- Daucus carota; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidants; calcium; carrots; crosslinking; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; food additives; functional foods; gelation; gels; lutein; modulus of elasticity; molecular weight; pH; pectins; ultrasonics
- ... Carrot residues were upgraded as pectin-enriched fractions (PEFs) useful for functional food formulation due to co-extracted antioxidants (α- and β-carotenes, lutein, α-tocopherol), and gelling effect. High power ultrasound (US)-enzyme assisted extraction was applied for efficiency and sustainability. Carrot powder (CP) in citrate-buffer (pH 5.20) was submitted to US-pretreatment (12.27 W/cm2: 20 ...
- Rossetti, Luciana, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.5 pp. 1859-1869
- beta-carotene; beta-cryptoxanthin; bioactive compounds; cold storage; corn; emulsions; esterification; gamma-tocopherol; lipid peroxidation; lutein; oxidative stability; phytosterols; refrigeration; yogurt; zeaxanthin
- ... This work describes the formulation of a functional yogurt-like product based on fermented maize with added phytosterols and its oxidative stability during cold storage. The technological challenge was to stabilize 3.5% esterified phytosterols (between 2 and 3 g of free sterols) in a low-fat emulsion and to preserve the obtained product throughout processing and storage. The natural bioactive comp ...