Jump to Main Content
- Rossini Oliva, Sabina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 142-151
- Erica; adenosinetriphosphatase; boron; cytoplasm; enzyme activity; leaves; magnesium; mineral content; nutrient retention; nutrient solutions; nutrients; pectins; plant growth; polluted soils; protons; roots; soil pH; stems; stress tolerance; toxicity; viability assays; Portugal; Spain
- ... Tolerance to soil acidity was studied in two species of Ericaceae that grow in mine-contaminated soils (S Portugal, SW Spain) to find out if there are interspecific variations in H+ tolerance which might be related to their particular location.Tolerance to H+ toxicity was tested in nutrient solutions using seeds collected in SW Spain. Plant growth and nutrient contents in leaves, stems and roots w ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rossini Oliva, Sabina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of soils and sediments 2017 v.17 no.5 pp. 1301-1309
- arsenic; bioaccumulation factor; carbon; composts; electrical conductivity; fenarimol; iron; irrigation water; mined soils; organic matter; pH; plant growth; salinity; seeds; semiarid zones; sewage sludge; shoots; soil organic carbon; soil properties; thiacloprid; tomatoes; wastewater; wastewater irrigation
- ... PURPOSE: In mine soils, especially from arid or semiarid areas, the use of low-quality water for irrigation is a usual practice. Therefore to fill this gap, different experiments have been carried out to evaluate the effect of compost, pesticide and wastewater on the growth of tomato plants in a mine soil located at an iron extraction area. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Soils proceeded from Alquife mine ...
- Rossini-Oliva, Sabina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2014 v.142 pp. 23-29
- Lolium perenne; acidity; biomass; fenarimol; landscapes; mining; pesticide application; pesticide use reduction; pests; plant anatomy; plant development; planting; recycling; sewage sludge; soil; sustainable development; thiacloprid; toxicity; wastewater; wastewater irrigation; Spain
- ... Degraded landscapes, like those from abandoned mine areas, could be restored by revegetating them with appropriate plant species, after correction for acidity and improvement by adding exogenous organic material. Application of urban wastes to large areas of derelict land helps in the sustainable development of this landscape. However, the development of plant species in these soils could require ...