Jump to Main Content
- Rothemund, Sven, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.464 pp. 743-747
- G-protein coupled receptors; adhesion; agonists; male fertility; male reproductive system; signal transduction; synthetic peptides
- ... The epididymis-specific adhesion G protein-coupled receptor (aGPCR) GPR64/ADGRG2 has been shown to be a key-player in the male reproductive system. As its disruption leads to infertility, GPR64 has drawn attention as potential target for male fertility control or improvement. Like the majority of aGPCRs GPR64 is an orphan receptor regarding its endogenous agonist and signal transduction. In this s ...
- Rothemund,, Sven, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2009 v.53 no.8 pp. 1019-1029
- Maillard reaction products; arginine; carbonyl compounds; cell death; cell membranes; cellulose; crystals; cytotoxicity; dipeptides; image analysis; lysine; macrophages; mice; peptide libraries; processed foods; proteins; ribose; viability
- ... The reaction of reactive carbonyl compounds (RCCs) with lysine and arginine (Maillard reaction) is a common modification of proteins in thermally processed foods. In this study, the toxicity of Maillard reaction products (MRPs) formed from defined amino acids or dipeptides (bound to a cellulose membrane) with ribose, glycerinaldehyde or methylglyoxal was investigated. Murine RAW 264.7 macrophages ...