Jump to Main Content
- Roy, Anand, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.3 pp. 2526-2536
- bromine; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; chlorine; electrochemistry; hydrogen; hydrogen production; ions; irradiation; materials science; methane; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; solar radiation; spectral analysis; sulfides
- ... Photochemical reduction of H₂O and CO₂ has been investigated with a new family of catalysts of the formula Cd₄P₂X₃ (X= Cl, Br, I), obtained by the complete aliovalent substitution of the sulfide ions in CdS by P and X (Cl, Br, I). Unlike CdS, the Cd₄P₂X₃ compounds exhibit hydrogen evolution and CO₂ reduction from water even in the absence of a sacrificial agent or a cocatalyst. Use of NiₓPy as the ...
- Roy, Anand, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.28 pp. 15063-15069
- chlorides; energy; hydrogen production; ions; photochemistry; photoluminescence; physical chemistry; redox potential; semiconductors; sulfides
- ... Substitution of the sulfide ions in CdS by aliovalent P³– and Cl– ions is known to markedly affect the electronic structure and properties, reducing the band gap of the semiconductor. The decrease in band gap arises because the P (3p) states occupy the top of the valence band while the Cl (3p) orbitals lie deep down in energy. Progressive substitution of S by equal proportions of P and Cl should r ...