Jump to Main Content
- RoyChowdhury, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant health progress 2016 v.17 no.3 pp. 182-183
- Phytophthora citrophthora; Phytophthora nicotianae; Phytophthora palmivora; orchards; polymerase chain reaction; soil; soil surveys; Texas
- ... A soil survey was conducted in 61 citrus groves in South Texas to determine the Phytophthora spp. present and their population levels. The survey revealed the presence of Phytophthora in 59 locations, with P. citrophthora in 13 locations, P. nicotianae in 46, and P. palmivora not found. Soil plating assay and PCR was conducted to verify the different Phytophthora spp. We analyzed our data to find ...
- RoyChowdhury, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.7 pp. 700
- Magnaporthe oryzae; blast disease; cultivars; disease resistance; genes; genetic markers; germplasm; haplotypes; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; pathogenicity; races; rice
- ... The Pib gene in rice confers resistance to a wide range of races of the rice blast pathogen, Magnaporthe oryzae, including race IE1k that overcomes Pita, another broad-spectrum resistance gene. In this study,the presence of Pib was determined in 164 rice germplasm accessions from a core subset of the National Small Grains Collection utilizing DNA markers and pathogenicity assays. The presence of P ...
- RoyChowdhury, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2009 v.45 no.4 pp. 414-420
- Oryza sativa; agricultural biotechnology; genetic transformation; genome; germplasm; germplasm screening; prediction; red rice; tissue culture
- ... Rice has emerged as a model monocot for studies in agriculture and biotechnology due to its relatively small genome and a ready accessibility to plant material. Tissue culture is one of the tools required for genetic transformation and some breeding programs, and the selection of high-frequency regenerator types is essential for success in these technologies. Thirty-three rice entries with agricul ...