Jump to Main Content
- Rubio-Mendez, Gabriel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of chemical ecology 2016 v.42 no.11 pp. 1142-1150
- Cycadopsida; adults; chemical defenses; defoliation; females; genetic analysis; genetic markers; genotyping; herbivores; heterozygosity; high performance liquid chromatography; juveniles; leaves; lutein; males; ontogeny; pathogens; photosynthesis; phytopharmaceuticals; seedlings; tissues; Mexico
- ... Plants have multiple strategies, including phytochemicals that protect their vulnerable tissues against pathogens and herbivores. Dioon edule, like all cycads, possess unique azoxy-type compounds, azoxyglycosides (AZGs) as a chemical defense; however, the ontogenetic variability of these compounds in this long-lived cycad is unknown. Here, we investigated the effects of plant age, sex, genotype an ...
- Rubio Méndez, Gabriel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of plant research 2014 v.127 no.3 pp. 413-422
- Crassulacean acid metabolism; Zamiaceae; germination; leaf area; leaf development; mature plants; seedlings; soil water deficit; soil water potential; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; water stress
- ... Dioon edule seedling mortality is mostly attributed to dehydration by prolonged drought, even when they present xeromorphic characteristics like the adult plants. The effect of germination date (GD) and soil water deficit on seedling tolerance to water stress was assessed. The seedlings germinated and grown from mature seeds every month from December to April GD were selected to evaluate the leaf ...