Jump to Main Content
- Ruivard, Marc
- Nutrition clinique et métabolisme 2017 v.31 no.2 pp. 104-106
- anaphylaxis; blood serum; chronic diseases; colonoscopy; color; ferritin; gender; heart failure; hemorrhage; intravenous injection; iron; iron deficiency anemia; men; menopause; mortality; nutrient deficiencies; public health; renal failure; stomach neoplasms; women; Europe
- ... Iron deficiency is a public health problem in the world with a significant pediatric mortality. In Europe, iron deficiency anemia remains common among non-menopausal women and treatment with oral iron could be enforced with a progestative. The diagnosis is based on the determination of serum ferritin, but the cut-off value must be changed according to gender, age, and concomitant diseases: from 20 ...
- Ruivard, Marc, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019
- bioavailability; blood serum; food composition; hemochromatosis; iron; iron absorption; patients; placebos; procyanidins; test meals
- ... Type I hereditary hemochromatosis (HH) and dysmetabolic iron overload syndrome (DIOS) are the two most prevalent iron overload diseases. Although many food components, particularly polyphenols, reduce iron bioavailability, there is no clinically validated nutritional strategy to reduce food-iron absorption in patients with these diseases. We aimed to determine whether supplementation with 100 mg o ...
- Ruivard, Marc, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2008 v.27 no.2 pp. 337-341
- women; adults; adolescents; iron; girls; college students; dietary minerals; nutrient deficiencies; quality of life; health status; ferritin; blood chemistry; nutritional status; France
- ... OBJECTIVE: To investigate prevalence of iron deficiency and examine the relationship between iron status and Health-related Quality of Life among female students. DESIGN: Cross-sectional study. Subjects and Setting: Data were collected from 543 female students, aged 17 to 38 years, attending University or secondary schools in Clermont-Ferrand (France) and its metropolitan area. Three groups were d ...