Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: rumke?
- Rumkee, Jack C.
O., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.12 pp. 6908-6917
- adults; exposure scenario; foraging; honey bee colonies; honey bees; larvae; models; nectar; pesticides
- ... Recently, the causes of honeybee colony losses have been intensely studied, showing that there are multiple stressors implicated in colony declines, one stressor being the exposure to pesticides. Measuring exposure of individual bees within a hive to pesticide is at least as difficult as assessing the potential exposure of foraging bees to pesticide. We present a model to explore how heterogeneity ...
- Rumkee, Jack C. O., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.21 pp. 12879-12887
- Apis mellifera; adults; honey bee colonies; honey bees; insect larvae; lethal dose 50; mortality; nectar; oviposition; pesticides; pollen; prediction; simulation models
- ... To simulate effects of pesticides on different honeybee (Apis mellifera L.) life stages, we used the BEEHAVE model to explore how increased mortalities of larvae, in-hive workers, and foragers, as well as reduced egg-laying rate, could impact colony dynamics over multiple years. Stresses were applied for 30 days, both as multiples of the modeled control mortality and as set percentage daily mortal ...