Jump to Main Content
- Ruotsalainen, S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2000 v.30 no.4 pp. 596-604
- agricultural programs and projects; breeding; plant breeding; genetic variation; genetic improvement; breeding value; genotype; seed orchards
- ... When structuring a breeding population into sublines, the conventional approach is to assign parents to sublines randomly, so that each subline has approximately the same genetic value. By using deterministic infinitesimal model we study an alternative, stratified sublining system, where sublines are initially formed by positive assortative grouping of parents according to their breeding values. S ...
- Ruotsalainen, S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2000 v.30 no.6 pp. 921-929
- height; plant characteristics; Pinus contorta; forest plantations; afforestation; air temperature; soil fertility; climate change; geographical variation; heat sums; carbon dioxide; Finland; Sweden; Canada; Yukon Territory