Jump to Main Content
- Rusch, Talina R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.64 pp. 9511-9514
- chemical composition; chemical reactions; chemical structure; pyridines
- ... Controlled attachment of photoswitchable molecules to solid surfaces is a promising route for the realization of complex machine-like molecular functions. A central next step here is the preparation of adlayers with multiple chemical functions that have defined intermolecular spacings and orientations and interact with each other in a controlled way, resulting in novel advanced system properties. ...
- Rusch, Talina R., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.22 pp. 13720-13730
- ambient temperature; gold; irradiation; moieties; nanotechnology; photochemistry; rotors; spectral analysis; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Rotors and switches are elementary building blocks of molecular machines. To achieve more advanced functions, these units have to be integrated into solid-state devices, which triggered interest in mounting these functional units in well-defined geometries onto surfaces. While vertically oriented switches and rotors have been obtained by various strategies, the design of surface-parallel switches ...