Jump to Main Content
- Ryu, Soojin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Cell and tissue research 2019 v.375 no.1 pp. 5-22
- Danio rerio; environmental factors; fish; homeostasis; larvae; mice; neurosecretory cells; preoptic area
- ... The paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of the hypothalamus harbors diverse neurosecretory cells with critical physiological roles for the homeostasis. Decades of research in rodents have provided a large amount of information on the anatomy, development, and function of this important hypothalamic nucleus. However, since the hypothalamus lies deep within the brain in mammals and is difficult to access, ...
- Ryu, Soojin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.24 pp. 8803-8808
- Danio rerio; Deinococcus radiodurans; Homo sapiens; absorption; blue light; catalytic activity; cell culture; cyclic AMP; cyclic GMP; eukaryotic cells; far-red light; humans; hydrolysis; optogenetics; photoreceptors; phytochrome; red light; wavelengths
- ... Sensory photoreceptors elicit vital physiological adaptations in response to incident light. As light-regulated actuators, photoreceptors underpin optogenetics, which denotes the noninvasive, reversible, and spatiotemporally precise perturbation by light of living cells and organisms. Of particular versatility, naturally occurring photoactivated adenylate cyclases promote the synthesis of the seco ...
- PubMed Central: