Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: seung?
- Ryu, Yea Seong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.52 pp. 430-441
- DNA damage; air pollution; apoptosis; coffee beans; environmental impact; humans; keratinocytes; lipid peroxidation; oxidative stress; particulates; protective effect; reactive oxygen species; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Skin is exposed to several harmful environmental effects including ultraviolet B (UVB) and air pollution, the most harmful component of which is particulate matter (PM). Damaging effects of UVB and PM include the generation of cellular reactive oxygen species (ROS), lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation, DNA damage, and apoptosis. A compound with the potential to protect the skin against envir ...
- Ryu, Yea Seong, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.46 pp. 147-158
- DNA damage; DNA fragmentation; animal models; antioxidant activity; apoptosis; caspases; cell viability; docosahexaenoic acid; fermented fish; fish oils; functional foods; human cell lines; irradiation; keratinocytes; lipid peroxidation; mice; oxidative stress; protective effect; protein synthesis; reactive oxygen species; ultraviolet radiation
- ... This study investigated the protective effect of mackerel-derived fermented fish oil (FFO) against UVB radiation-induced oxidative stress in human HaCaT keratinocytes and mouse skin tissue. FFO treatment scavenged UVB-induced intracellular reactive oxygen species and attenuated oxidative modifications including lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation, and DNA damage. FFO treatment reduced UVB-in ...