Jump to Main Content
- Sánchez-Thomas, R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2018 v.343 pp. 10-18
- Euglena gracilis; ascorbate peroxidase; calcium; cell growth; cobalt; copper; culture media; cysteine; histidine; magnesium; manganese; nickel; oxygen; oxygen consumption; photosynthesis; polymers; thiols; viability; zinc
- ... Nickel accumulation and nickel effects on cellular growth, respiration, photosynthesis, ascorbate peroxidase (APX) activity, and levels of thiols, histidine and phosphate-molecules were determined in Euglena gracilis. Cells incubated with 0.5–1mM NiCl2 showed impairment of O2 consumption, photosynthesis, Chl a+b content and APX activity whereas cellular integrity and viability were unaltered. Nick ...
- Sánchez-Thomas, R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2016 v.131 pp. 19-31
- Euglena gracilis; cadmium; calcium; cell growth; chlorophyll; chronic exposure; culture media; cultured cells; glutathione peroxidase; growth retardation; heavy metals; inhibitory concentration 50; oxygen; oxygen consumption; photosynthesis; polyphosphates; toxicity; zinc
- ... To determine the interplay between zinc and cadmium on the heavy metal accumulation capacity of Euglena gracilis, the effects of increasing Zn2+ concentrations (13–65.4ppm or 200–1,000μM) were analyzed on growth; O2 consumption; photosynthesis; ascorbate (APX) and glutathione peroxidase (GPX) activities; chlorophyll a and b (Chl a+b) content; essential metals, thiol-metabolites and polyphosphates ...