Jump to Main Content
- Shaw, R. L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.6 pp. 773-780
- body weight; breast neoplasms; carbohydrates; dieting; energy intake; healthy diet; interviews; low calorie diet; nutrition risk assessment; weight loss; women
- ... BACKGROUND: Weight‐loss programmes requiring intermittent energy restriction offer an alternative to continuous energy restriction programmes that typically have low adherence. We reported greater weight loss, better adherence and spontaneous reduced energy intake on healthy eating days with intermittent as opposed to continuous energy restriction. The present study aims to explore why intermitten ...
- SHAW, R. L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food science 1978 v.43 no.2 pp. 420-423
- Helianthus annuus; cottonseed; flavor; frying oil; palm oils; potato chips; United States
- ... Oil from sunflowers grown in southern U.S. was compared with cottonseed and palm oils for frying potato chips. Chips fried in each oil were evaluated by chemical and sensory methods at 2‐wk intervals during 10 wk storage at 31°C. At each evaluation interval, sensory scores did not differ markedly among chips fried in the three oils. Flavor of chips from all oils decreased in quality during storage ...