Jump to Main Content
- SUMIT K GHOSH, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 781-792
- metamorphic rocks; Earth system science; tectonics; provenance; sandstone; Himalayan region
- ... An understanding about lithology, tectonics and unroofing history of provenance is mostly drawn from the compositional and textural parameters of the detrital fragments. We here use different metamorphic ranks (Rm) and metamorphic index (MI) values of rock fragments present in Late Neogene Siwalik sandstone of the Ramganga sub-basin to infer the provenance history. The study indicates maximum cont ...
- Sumit K. Ghosh, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2012 v.261-262 no. pp. 76-89
- deformation; earthquakes; liquefaction; shale; Himalayan region; India
- ... Soft-sediment deformation (SSD) structures are observed in the Paleoproterozoic Damtha Group in the Garhwal Lesser Himalaya for a lateral extent of over 110km in comparable litho-sections. The SSD structures are primarily observed in medium- to fine-grained sandstones, siltstones and shale at sand–mud interfaces that were deposited in an inter-tidal to supra-tidal setting of the shallow marine pla ...