Jump to Main Content
- Sainz de Murieta, Elisa, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.230 pp. 672-684
- assets; discount rate; land use; land values; market prices; markets; planning; social benefit; Europe
- ... One of the most pressing issues when making decisions over long-term environmental problems is deciding on an appropriate discount rate. This can be a highly technical discussion. While some argue in favour of market rates, which usually tend to be high, others support the use of near-zero rates to ensure that both current and future generations are properly accounted for. This paper presents an a ...
- Sainz de Murieta, Elisa, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental modelling & software 2017 v.95 pp. 76-89
- climate; climate change; computer software; environmental models; financial economics; infrastructure; risk; socioeconomics; stochastic processes; uncertainty
- ... Investment decisions in adaptation are usually made under significant uncertainty due to climate change and socio-economic trends. In this study, we propose three ways to incorporate climate and socio-economic uncertainty into the assessment of an adaptation infrastructure designed to cope with flood-risk in the city of Bilbao. First, we use stochastic modelling to estimate the present value of ex ...