Jump to Main Content
- Saison, Carine L. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental management 2019 v.64 no.2 pp. 166-177
- biodiversity; ecosystem services; erosion control; growers; habitats; land restoration; landowners; markets; planting; private lands; questionnaires; rural areas; screening; seedlings; social benefit; urban areas; vegetation; volunteers; windbreaks
- ... The provision of ecosystem services from vegetation on private land is constrained by a lack of effective markets to overcome the costs of supply. Urban beneficiaries of ecosystem services from vegetation on private, rural land have limited options for enhancing the supply. This study examines a not-for-profit revegetation programme, the Tree Scheme, in which participants are volunteers who grow s ...
- Saison, Carine, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2013 v.463-464 pp. 395-403
- aerobic conditions; bioremediation; chlordecone; emissions; environmental fate; gas chromatography; human health; metabolites; microbial activity; mineralization; nutrients; soil ecology; soil horizons; solvents; sorption; tropical agriculture; tropical soils
- ... Chlordecone is a persistent organochlorine insecticide that, even decades after its ban, poses a threat to the environment and human health. Nevertheless, its environmental fate in soils has scarcely been investigated, and elementary data on its degradation and behaviour in soil are lacking. The mineralisation and sorption of chlordecone and the formation of possible metabolites were evaluated in ...