Jump to Main Content
- Salanitro, Joseph P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.2 pp. 63-72
- spatial variation; biodegradation; aquifers; groundwater contamination; solids; aerobic conditions; remediation; filtration; dissolved oxygen; microorganisms; California
- ... The spatial variation in methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) biodegradation activity of aquifer solids samples collected in the vicinity of a flow-through aerobic biobarrier was assessed through use of standard laboratory microcosms. These were prepared by collecting soil cores at a range of locations and depths along different flow paths through the biobarrier. Sections of core samples were placed in ...
- Salanitro, Joseph P.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 1993 v.13 no.4 pp. 150-161
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); aerobic conditions; aquifers; biodegradation; bioremediation; biotransformation; dissolved oxygen; gasoline; groundwater; microbiology; permeability; scientists; soil; sorption; water quality; water supply
- ... Ground water scientists have made significant advances in understanding the soil interactions, hydrogeology, fate and transport, and subsurface microbiology of aromatic hydrocarbons (BTEX) in aquifer systems. It is now generally recognized that a major factor responsible for the attenuation and mass reduction of BTEX in plumes is the widespread occurrence of hydrocarbon biodegradation by indigenou ...