Jump to Main Content
- Sammak, Susan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2019 v.58 no.29 pp. 3144-3154
- DNA; X-ray diffraction; cell growth; crystal structure; dimerization; disulfides; neoplasms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; therapeutics; transcription factors
- ... The c-MYC transcription factor is a master regulator of cell growth and proliferation and is an established target for cancer therapy. This basic helix–loop–helix Zip protein forms a heterodimer with its obligatory partner MAX, which binds to DNA via the basic region. Considerable research efforts are focused on targeting the heterodimerization interface and the interaction of the complex with DNA ...
- Sammak, Susan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheFEBS journal 2018 v.285 no.22 pp. 4165-4180
- DNA; binding sites; chromatin; humans; neoplasms
- ... c‐MYC and the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex act as master regulators of transcription, and play a key role in human cancer. Although they are known to interact, the molecular details of their interaction are lacking. We have determined the structure of the RPT1 region of the INI1/hSNF5/BAF47/SMARCB1 subunit of the SWI/SNF complex that acts as a c‐MYC‐binding domain, and have localized the i ...