Jump to Main Content
- Sampaio, Taís S., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Crop protection 2018 v.112 pp. 33-38
- Lippia sidoides; Sitophilus zeamais; air; at-risk population; botanical insecticides; essential oil crops; essential oils; fumigation; sublethal effects; thymol; tropics; walking
- ... The maize weevil, Sitophilus zeamais (Motschulsky) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), is the main pest of stored grains across tropical regions. An alternative strategy to the use of synthetic insecticides for the management of S. zeamais is the development of botanical insecticides based in the essential oils (EOs) from aromatic plants. In the present study, we evaluated the lethal and sublethal effect ...
- Sampaio, Táis S., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.117 pp. 245-251
- Lippia; air; antifungal properties; carvacrol; coconuts; disease control; ecophysiology; emulsifying; essential oils; fungi; genotype; hydrodistillation; minimum inhibitory concentration; mycelium; nanoemulsions; particle size; photosynthesis; phytotoxicity; prototypes; stomatal conductance; thymol; trees; vapor pressure; zeta potential
- ... The goal of the study was to evaluate the antifugal effect of essentials oils from the Lippia gracilis genotypes with main components of thymol and carvacrol and essential oil emulsions on Thielaviopis paradoxa. The essential oil was extracted from the genotypes by hydrodistillation. The nanoemulsions were obtained from the spontaneous emulsification technique. The nanoemulsions obtained where cha ...