Jump to Main Content
- Sandholt, Gunnar B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 847-855
- Gadus morhua; amino acid sequences; arginine; biotechnology; heat stability; lysine; pH; peptides; substrate specificity; trypsin; vertebrate viruses; viral proteins
- ... Atlantic cod trypsin ZT is biochemically characterized for the first time in this report in comparison to a group I trypsin (cod trypsin I). To our knowledge, trypsin ZT is the first thoroughly characterized group III trypsin. A more detailed understanding of trypsin ZT biochemistry may give insight into its physiological role as well as its potential use within the biotechnology sector. Stability ...
- Sandholt, Gunnar B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2017 v.1865 no.1 pp. 11-19
- Gadus morhua; amino acids; anion exchange chromatography; catalytic activity; complementary DNA; isozymes; mass spectrometry; pH; proteins; trypsin; trypsin inhibitors
- ... Trypsins from Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua), consisting of several isoenzymes, are highly active cold-adapted serine proteases. These trypsins are isolated for biomedical use in an eco-friendly manner from underutilized seafood by-products. Our group has explored the biochemical properties of trypsins and their high potential in biomedicine. For broader utilization of cod trypsins, further character ...