Jump to Main Content
- Sandolo, Cristina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2018 v.50 no.2 pp. 133-140.e1
- analysis of variance; attitudes and opinions; chi-square distribution; community gardens; farms; fruits; high school students; high schools; home gardens; surveys; vegetable consumption; vegetables
- ... To examine the relationship between high school students' agricultural experiences and their (1) attitudes about consuming local fruits and vegetables, (2) willingness to try new fruits and vegetables, and (3) fruit and vegetable consumption.Cross-sectional survey research.Public high schools in a lower-income, diverse, urban, northeastern community.A total of 327 students from 3 public high schoo ...
- Sandolo, Cristina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food policy 2015 v.52 pp. 64-70
- cities; economic incentives; farmers' markets; food banks; food security; households; issues and policy; local government; low income households; nonprofit corporations; nutritional adequacy; purchasing; raw fruit; vegetable consumption; vegetables; women; United States
- ... Enhancing the diet quality of economically disadvantaged households in the United States has long been a policy goal. Recently, select local governments and nonprofit organizations have augmented federal policy by offering federal nutrition beneficiaries vouchers, for use at farmers markets, to match their expenditures at the market. Such incentive vouchers enhance purchasing power of low-income h ...