Jump to Main Content
- Sant'Anna, Felipe Machado, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food microbiology 2019 v.82 pp. 349-362
- Leuconostocaceae; Planococcaceae; Streptococcaceae; acidity; artisan cheese; bacteria; bacterial communities; cheese ripening; environmental factors; flavor; genes; raw milk; ribosomal RNA; starter cultures; Brazil
- ... The Minas artisanal cheese is a traditional product in its way of producing. Produced in the Minas Gerais state, Brazil, this cheese is made using raw cow's milk with the addition of an endogenous starter culture called “pingo”, responsible for inoculating specific microorganisms that could enhance flavor and sensorial aspects. There are seven regions able to produce and commercialize this product ...
- de Sant'Anna, Felipe Machado, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of dairy technology 2017 v.70 no.4 pp. 592-601
- Lactobacillus plantarum; Pediococcus acidilactici; Salmonella Typhimurium; artisan cheese; lactic acid bacteria; mice; probiotics; raw milk; screening; Brazil
- ... The microbiota of the Brazilian Minas artisanal cheese, made from raw milk, is not well known and may include probiotic bacteria. This study aimed to assess the in vitro and in vivo probiotic properties of the lactic acid bacteria isolated from these cheeses. Thirty‐six samples of the Lactobacillus/Pediococcus group were selected for in vitro investigation. Pediococcus acidilactici (PA2) and Lacto ...