Jump to Main Content
- Santilano, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Earth-science reviews 2017
- carbonate rocks; enthalpy; geophysics; groundwater flow; oils; temperature; Italy; Sicily
- ... Low-to-medium temperature fluid reservoirs hosted in carbonate rocks are some of the most promising and unknown geothermal systems. Western Sicily is considered a key exploration area. This paper illustrate a multidisciplinary and integrated review of the existing geological, geochemical and geophysical data, mainly acquired during oil and gas explorations since the 1950s, specifically re-analyzed ...
- Santilano, A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.103 pp. 167-181
- carbon; carbon dioxide; cooling; electric power; geothermal energy; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; issues and policy; models; permeability; power generation; Italy
- ... In this study a new approach to geothermal potential assessment was set up and applied in four regions in southern Italy. Our procedure, VIGORThermoGIS, relies on the volume method of assessment and uses a 3D model of the subsurface to integrate thermal, geological and petro-physical data. The method thus produces 2D geothermal potential maps for three different uses: district heating, district he ...