Jump to Main Content
- Sarpong, Nimako, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 293-295
- EDTA (chelating agent); Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; automation; bacteria; binding properties; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tropics; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever, caused by the bacterium Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhi, is an important cause of blood stream infections in the tropics, for which easy-to-apply molecular diagnostic approaches are desirable. The diagnostic performance of a newly introduced and a previously described loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) approach using different primer sets on a Genie II M ...
- Sarpong, Nimako, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2018 v.217 pp. 7-12
- Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; agar; animal husbandry; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; beta-lactamase; chicken meat; genes; humans; markets; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; phenotype; poultry; screening; Ghana
- ... Antibiotic use in animal husbandry has raised concerns on the spread of resistant bacteria. Currently animal products are traded globally with unprecedented ease, which has been challenging the control of antimicrobial resistance. This study aims to detect and characterize extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae from imported and locally produce ...