Jump to Main Content
- Sathiyaraj, Ganesan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 485-495
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Sargassum polycystum; Staphylococcus aureus; animal pathogenic bacteria; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; antioxidant activity; confocal laser scanning microscopy; disease control; fish; fucoidan; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; sugars; sulfates; therapeutics
- ... In this study therapeutic potential of fucoidan fraction-2 (Fu-F2) isolated from Sargassum polycystum was evaluated for the development of antibacterial agent against the human and animal pathogenic bacteria by in vitro and in vivo analysis. The Fu-F2 contained 51.12 ± 0.86% of total sugar and 20.41 ± 0.91% of sulfate. The structural characterization of Fu-F2 was performed by HPLC, FTIR and NMR an ...
- Sathiyaraj, Ganesan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of phytoremediation 2016 v.18 no.5 pp. 453-459
- Sesuvium portulacastrum; cadmium; chromium; copper; halophytes; heavy metals; leaves; pH; phytoremediation; salt marshes; sodium; soil; tannery effluents; zinc
- ... The present study investigated the sources for remediation of heavy metals and salts from tannery effluent using salt marsh halophyte Sesuvium portulacastrum. From the results observed, in tannery effluent treated soil from 1 kg dry weight of plant sample, Sesuvium portulacastrum accumulated 49.82 mg Cr, 22.10 mg Cd, 35.10 mg Cu and 70.10 mg Zn and from 1 g dry weight of the plant sample, 246.21 m ...