Jump to Main Content
- Sauter, Kay-Sara, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2014 v.174 no.3-4 pp. 399-408
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus; RNA; agonists; antagonists; antimicrobial peptides; blood serum; cell culture; extracellular space; genome; glycoproteins; innate immunity; interferons; ribonucleases
- ... The ribonuclease activity of the soluble glycoprotein Erns of pestiviruses represents a unique mechanism to circumvent the host's innate immune system by blocking interferon type-I synthesis in response to extracellularly added single- (ss) and double-stranded (ds) RNA. However, the reason why pestiviruses encode a ribonuclease in addition to the abundant serum RNases remained elusive. Here, we sh ...
- Sauter, Kay-Sara, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Genome announcements 2013 v.1 no.4 pp. e00287-13
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus; biotypes; calves; nucleotide sequences; nucleotides; viruses
- ... We determined the complete genome sequences of both biotypes of a virus pair of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) subgenotype 1k. The viruses were isolated from a persistently infected calf suffering from mucosal disease. Compared to the noncytopathic biotype, the cytopathic biotype contains an insertion of 84 nucleotides and 22 nucleotide changes. ...
- Sauter, Kay-Sara, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2008 v.125 no.3-4 pp. 326-336
- cattle; cattle diseases; bovine mastitis; pathogenesis; biochemical mechanisms; immune system; receptors; immune response; in vitro studies; human cell lines; kidney cells; clones; transgenes; transfection; agonists; interleukin-8; interferons; molecular epidemiology; Listeria monocytogenes; Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus
- ... Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are key sensors of pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs). Their role in immunity is difficult to examine in species of veterinary interest, due to restricted access to the knockout technology and TLR-specific antibodies. An alternative approach is to generate cell lines transfected with various TLRs and to examine the recognition of PAMPs or relevant bacteria. I ...