Jump to Main Content
- Savage, L.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The plant journal 1999 v.18 no.5 pp. 521-527
- Pisum sativum; chloroplasts; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; phosphorylation; adenosine triphosphate; amino acid sequences; molecular conformation; isotope labeling; light; enzyme activity; phosphoproteins
- ... We have examined whether chloroplast acetyl-CoA carboxylase is a phosphoprotein. Pea (Pisum sativum) chloroplasts were incubated in the presence of [gamma-(33)P]- ATP and radiolabeled proteins were examined after immunoprecipitation with antibodies against all four known subunits of heteromeric chloroplast acetyl-CoA carboxylase. The beta-subunit of the carboxyltransferase was found to be labeled ...
- Savage, L.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The plant journal 1996 v.10 no.2 pp. 261-268
- Pisum sativum; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; chloroplasts; cytosol; leaves; isozymes; molecular weight; immunochemistry; enzyme activity; cell membranes; transferases
- ... Two forms of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACCase) have been characterized in pea (Pisum sativum L.) leaves; a heteromeric chloroplast enzyme and a homomeric, presumably cytosolic enzyme. The biotin carboxylase (BC), biotin carboxyl carrier protein (BCCP), and beta-carboxyltransferase (CT) subunits of the plastidial-ACCase have recently been characterized and cloned. To further characterize the carboxyl ...