Jump to Main Content
- Sawada, Kazuhisa, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.23 pp. 8370-8381
- Bacillus subtilis; arginine; bacteria; enzymes; gene deletion; gene targeting; genome; glutamates; protein products; protein synthesis
- ... Genome reduction strategies to create genetically improved cellular biosynthesis machineries for proteins and other products have been pursued by use of a wide range of bacteria. We reported previously that the novel Bacillus subtilis strain MGB874, which was derived from strain 168 and has a total genomic deletion of 874 kb (20.7%), exhibits enhanced production of recombinant enzymes. However, it ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sawada, Kazuhisa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.5 pp. 1510-1515
- Azospirillum irakense; Bacillus (bacteria); amino acid sequences; amino acids; calcium; culture media; enzyme activity; genes; ions; microorganisms; molecular weight; open reading frames; pH; pectate lyase; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; sequence homology; sodium hydroxide
- ... A pectate lyase (pectate transeliminase; ECâ22.214.171.124), designated Pelâ15E, was purified to homogeneity from a culture broth of alkaliphilic Bacillus sp. strain KSMâP15. The purified enzyme had a molecular mass of ââ33âkDa, as determined by SDS/PAGE, and a pI of ââpHâ9.2. Pelâ15E exhibited optimum activity at pHâ10.5 and 50â55âÂ°C in glycine/NaOH buffer. Pelâ15E had an ab ...